Amcor Rigid Packaging
The incumbent will function as the key HR Business Partnerand will be an instrumental part of the plant leadership team. The key focus areas include developing the HR strategy (A3) driving a proactive talent agenda (workforce planning, pipeline improvement, learning and development, campus partnerships, performance management, diversity and inclusion), partnering to deliver year-over-year employee engagement improvement and streamlining HR administrivia while driving continuous improvement and compliance. The role is also expected to provide counsel and guidance to the Plant Director, functional managers and supervisors to help ensure personal effectiveness and maximum plant performance.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- In collaboration with plant management and senior human resource leadership, develops and executes the strategic HR plan (A3) for the location.
- Partners to assess the current condition of the talent pipeline relative to current and future business needs and drives month-over-month improvement in addition to the standard annual talent processes (talent reviews, succession planning, action plan tracking).
- Plans and implements recruitment and selection efforts; educates hiring managers about the selection process; takes proactive measures to ensure a diverse workforce.
- Oversees learning and development activities; recommends and conducts appropriate training and development (Levels program; technical training; leadership training)
- Ensures performance management is accurate, equitable and timely; supports management in addressing performance issues on a daily basis.
- Manages compensation programs that are fair and equitable through job evaluation, wage and hour regulations, and participation in local and regional wage surveys; reviews and recommends Pay for Performance and Skill Based Pay to ensure equity and consistency
- Partners to drive year over year engagement improvement with a focus on ensuring engagement is a "daily activity" at the plant. This is in addition to conducting the Global Engagement Survey, developing action plans monitoring results and engagement committee progress.
- Relentlessly drives for more efficiency/effectiveness in the HR processes to minimize time spent on low value add activities.
- Responsible at plant level for management of all HR policies and practices.
- Partners to administers benefits programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness, life insurance, 401(k), short term disability, long term disability, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and others
- Ensures employee relations activities occur (such as safety events, picnics, newsletters, service awards, employee recognition, and social responsibility functions); actively participates in the planning and organizing
- Ensures full compliance with all relevant federal and state laws and governmental regulations and makes recommendations to mitigate risk
- Travel 10%
- Bachelor's degree required; major in Human Resources Management preferred; Master's degree desirable.
- Minimum of seven years HR Manager experience in a manufacturing environment required
- HR Manager experience in California is preferred
- Exceptional strategic thinking, problem-solving and execution capability
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with little to no direct supervision
- Ability to prioritize work; handle multiple tasks simultaneously; set goals and meet deadline while maintaining flexibility to reassess and prioritize goals
- Ability to deal with difficult individuals/situations while maintaining composure, using good judgment and fairness at all levels of the organization
- Ability to function as a contributing member and leader of various work teams and demonstrate commitment and sensitivity to diversity issues
Amcor Leadership Framework Competencies
- Customer Focus
- Learning on the Fly
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Drive for Results
3-5 Applicable ALF Competencies:
Building Effective Teams
Choose an item.
- Corporate Management
- Plant Management
- All Plant Employees
Work Environment: Plant Manufacturing Setting
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties, responsibilities, skills and/or abilities
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.