Intern Job Summary:
Lithko's internship is focused on exposing students to the means and methods of concrete construction through a hands-on, team focused environment. Interns can anticipate accelerated exposure and opportunities with a fun and growing team. Our integration will have interns learning about Concrete Construction through hands-on, in the field experience with one of the industry's leaders. Opportunities for advancement are continuous.
There are many career paths available at Lithko within geographies across the country. Some of your immediate responsibilities will include:
- Engage in the Daily Preparation Process (daily plan) to build commercial concrete construction knowledge through execution of work objectives.
- Own your daily safety, quality, and execution of the assigned work objective or daily task related to the phase of work on the project.
- Plan and execute assigned tasks (work objectives) by performing and utilizing information, tools, and processes appropriate for the task or phase of work
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the phase of work or task assigned by engaging and giving feedback on all aspects of the work objective through performance with the team.
- Track production through various logs including time and quantities and actual versus budget calculations, including an analysis of the reason for variance.
- Understand project scope, schedule, safety, and quality for the assigned projects, and provide analysis/recommendations to Objective Mentors and Integration Managers.
Specific Exposure To:
- Field Engineering *
- Project Engineering
- Estimating / take-off
- Footings / piers / grade beams
- Walls / columns
- Slab on grade prep
- Slab on metal deck prep
- Structural slabs prep & forming
- Place finish
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship.
- Reliable method of getting to job sites daily and on time (transportation to sites is not provided by Lithko)
- Perform on a construction site (rough terrain, inclement weather)
- Perform physical labor, able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Perform labor at elevation, work at heights multiple stories above ground level
- Learn through hands-on performance (labor) with the field teams
- Hours of operation will fluctuate based upon project hours and activities
- Enrolled in a Construction Management or Civil Engineering program, or related field
- Works well in a team environment
- Self-motivated and engaged individual
- Organized and able to prioritize
- Eager to learn, seeks out information